Friday, February 1, 2013

Pain in Nick's A**: T+7 Days

So things are healing pretty well. Everyday I'm feeling a little less sore. I walked a mile the other day (slowly, very slowly) and felt pretty good. Planning on another walk today. Right now I'm just on Ibuprofen, haven't take a Norco (aka: Vicodin, hydrocodone and paracetamol (acetaminophen)) since the first night. Some may wonder why I'm skipping the 'good stuff', two reasons. First, the main reason, one of the main side effects is constipation. I'm just thinking that I should be as easy as possible one my new plumbing. Second, I'm just not a huge fan of narcotics. I also like to 'feel' my body, as I believe it gives the best information on how things are going and I don't want something masking those feelings unnecessarily. Sounds a little hippy like now that I've re-read it. Oh well.

So I've gotten through a about a half a stack of previously unread magazines and have nearly drained the DVR of unwatched shows. Next on my list is starting to design the mechanical structure for my future 3D printer. So I'm not quite bored yet, but definitely getting a little cabin fever.

People keep asking about the incisions, here they are, in all of their glory. Little bruised, huh. No wonder it feel like I was kicked in the gut, looks a little like it too. Well what I imagine a good kick in the gut would look like. The three little upper incision are the laparoscopic incisions where they put in the various instruments and cameras. The lower one is about 3 or 4 inches, is where they pulled out the bad portion of colon.

The incision.

No comments:

Post a Comment